Advanced Certified ScrumMaster
dive even deeper
into an agile world!
Our Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) course focuses on deepening facilitation and coaching skills, organizational change, and understanding how organization structure can impact the adoption of Scrum.
Prerequisites: All are welcome to attend, however you must already be a CSM to be eligible for the A-CSM certification. Please scroll down to the FAQ at the bottom of this page for additional course info.
• Intro/Opening Activity
• Working Agreements
• Scrum & its relationship with Agile
• Scrum, XP, Kanban
• Scrum Master Competencies
• Core Scrum vs non-core activities
• Increasing Effectiveness
— Facilitation Techniques
— Conflict Resolution
• Conflict Resolution
• Challenges with Agile Adoptions
— Arc of Coaching Conversation
— Powerful Questions
— Responsibility Matrix
• Organizational change & edge behavior
— Scrum @ Scale
• Business Agility
• Team toxins and how to coach them
• Increasing team engagement & innovation
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Sign up for info on new A-CSM course dates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why take your Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) training from Brett Palmer & Associates?
- World-Class Training with Experienced Instructors — Our instructors are passionate educators; we don’t focus just on classroom theory, but on real world application of concepts.
- Ongoing Support with Experienced & Certified Instructors — We will continue to support you in your Agile journey by providing free community & online events only available to our students.
- Comfortable Learning Environment — We pick venues suitable for deep interactive learning. We don’t skimp on cost to save a buck.
- Engaging & Fun — Our courses are high energy and engineered based on adult learning styles and brain science. We configure our courses to keep PowerPoint slides to a minimum. Our courses feature interactive role playing scenarios and simulations to reinforce learning concepts.
- Socially Responsible / Giving Back — We donate 5% of the profits from each public course to charity. Our favorites include Charity:Water, Water.org, and Kiva, all highly ranked by Charity Navigator. At Brett Palmer & Associates, we believe the secret to living is giving.
Can I get a discount? Is there a group rate?
We discount our courses many months in advance so we can guarantee the course to run. Discounts are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do not see an early bird ticket price available for the course you wish to take, it’s because all the discounted tickets are already taken for that course.
Groups of 3 or more may also receive a discount. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This A-CSM course is also available as a private, on-site workshop for groups of 10 or more. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Is there an exam for this Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) course?
No. You will be certified at the end of Day 2 assuming you fully participated both days of training accept your Scrum Alliance A-CSM license agreement which renews every 2 years.
Do I need to bring anything with me to class?
Please bring a sweater or jacket as room temperature is set on the cooler side. You will be provided with all materials for the two day course. You will not need a computer during the course.
Is there pre-class homework prior to the start of the class?
Yes. There is roughly 30 minutes of reading and videos to watch prior to attending this course. Upon course registration, we will send you the details.
Can I be still eligible for the A-CSM if my CSM has lapsed and expired?
The Scrum Alliance says: We [Scrum Alliance] have recently done away with our requirement to possess an active CSM or CSPO to enroll in the advanced courses (A-CSM/A-CSPO). Taking the original course is the only prerequisite. In addition, the advanced certification will renew a student’s other certification(s) for two more years past the course date. No additional payment or SEUs will be required for the renewals.
Can I claim PDU’s/SEU’s/CEU’s for this Course?
Yes. This Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSM) course provides 16 units/hours of continuing education. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you cancel 14 or more days prior to the start of the event, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 7 to 14 days, you will receive a full refund minus a $150 admin fee. If you cancel within 7 days, you will receive a 50% refund. You may transfer your registration once for a $150 charge to another class offered by Brett Palmer & Associates within 12 months, however we are unable to honor transfer requests within 72 hours of the start time of the course. Your registration is nonrefundable if you do not attend or do not complete the course. Please make arrangements to be fully present for the full duration of the course. The presenter is not responsible for prepaid, nonrefundable travel arrangements. If the presenter cancels the workshop, a full refund will be made.
Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel, reschedule or substitute someone else in your place.