Acceptance Test Driven Development
Test driven development!
This course is a hands-on workshop intended to teach students how to do Acceptance Test Driven Development. The class begins with an overview of Acceptance Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development. It then focuses on requirements, using specification by example. Students are taught to move from User Stories to Features to document requirements.
After the introductory material, the course shifts its focus to the Cucumber tool and Gherkin language. Students learn how to create executable acceptance tests that are the actual requirements. From there, the steps in the feature are converted into step definitions.
Students will work numerous examples where they create and execute acceptance tests for existing web sites (special sites have been developed for this part of the course) and API’s. As part of these exercises, students will learn to refactor their test code, create a Domain Specific Language, and learn to use the Page Object Model pattern.
The course is intended for testers, developers, quality engineers and managers who want a practical course in ATDD. As programming exercises are included in the course work, a knowledge of Java is necessary.
- What is ATDD/BDD/TDD?
- Cucumber and Gherkin
- Tools and web driver
- Programming the tests (step definitions) in Java
- Testing an API
- Advanced topics
To be notified when this class is being offered by Brett Palmer & Associates, please fill out this form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why take your Acceptance Test Driven Development training from Brett Palmer & Associates?
- World-Class Training with Experienced Instructors — Our instructors are passionate educators; we don’t focus just on classroom theory, but on real world application of concepts.
- Ongoing Support with Experienced & Certified Instructors — We will continue to support you in your Agile journey by providing free community & online events only available to our students.
- Class Guaranteed to Run — We guarantee our public classes will run. We will never schedule fake classes with the intent to cancel on our students and bump them into bigger classes later on.
- Comfortable Learning Environment — We pick venues suitable for deep interactive learning. We don’t skimp on cost to save a buck.
- Engaging & Fun — Our courses are high energy and engineered based on adult learning styles and brain science. We configure our courses to keep PowerPoint slides to a minimum. Our courses feature interactive role playing scenarios and simulations to reinforce learning concepts.
- Socially Responsible / Giving Back — We donate 5% of the profits from each public course to charity. Our favorites include Charity:Water, Water.org, and Kiva, all highly ranked by Charity Navigator. At Brett Palmer & Associates, we believe the secret to living is giving.
Can I get a discount? Is there a group rate?
We discount our courses many months in advance so we can guarantee the course to run. Discounts are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do not see an early bird ticket price available for the course you wish to take, it’s because all the discounted tickets are already taken for that course.
Groups of 3 or more may also receive a discount. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This A-CSM course is also available as a private, on-site workshop for groups of 10 or more. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Do I need to bring anything with me to class?
Please bring a sweater or jacket as room temperature is set on the cooler side. You will be provided with all materials for the two day course. You will not need a computer during the course.
Is there pre-class homework prior to the start of the class?
Yes. There is roughly 30 minutes of reading and videos to watch prior to attending this course. Upon course registration, we will send you the details.
Can I claim PDU’s/SEU’s/CEU’s for this Course?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you cancel 14 or more days prior to the start of the event, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 7 to 14 days, you will receive a full refund minus a $150 admin fee. If you cancel within 7 days, you will receive a 50% refund. You may transfer your registration once for a $150 charge to another class offered by Brett Palmer & Associates within 12 months, however we are unable to honor transfer requests within 72 hours of the start time of the course. Your registration is nonrefundable if you do not attend or do not complete the course. Please make arrangements to be fully present for the full duration of the course. The presenter is not responsible for prepaid, nonrefundable travel arrangements. If the presenter cancels the workshop, a full refund will be made.
Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel, reschedule or substitute someone else in your place.