Certified Scrum Developer
SCRUM IS SIMPLE, BUT IT’S NOT EASY!
Adopting Scrum changes everything, including the technical practices used to develop and test software. Developing software with Scrum requires developers and testers to understand Agile Engineering Practices, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Refactoring and Continuous Integration (CI).
This immersive, 5 day course provides developers, testers and managers with a comprehensive introduction to these practices. There are numerous hands-on coding exercises to reinforce the lecture material. Throughout the course, students will create solutions to real problems, including developing tests, designing and coding solutions, validating the solution and then refactoring their initial designs to improve code quality.
The course covers all of the learning objectives set by the Scrum Alliance for the Certified Scrum Developer credential, including Scrum Fundamentals, and Agile Engineering Practices such as SOLID design principles, designing by intention, and techniques for refactoring.
To recognize developers and testers who have mastered these skills, the Scrum Alliance has created the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD) program. To become a Certified Scrum Developer, a person must complete training classes and pass a technical skills assessment to demonstrate that he or she has a working understanding of Scrum principles and has mastered the Agile Engineering Practices.
Students who successfully complete the course and pass the assessment will be eligible for the Scrum Alliance’s Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD) credential.
The course is intended for testers, developers, quality engineers and managers who want a practical course in Agile Engineering Practices. As programming exercises are included in the course work, a knowledge of Java is necessary.
- Scrum Fundamentals
- Programming by Intention
- SOLID Design Principles
- Architecture and Agile
- What is ATDD
- Cucumber and Gherkin
- Tools and web driver
- Programming the tests
- Testing an API
- Advanced topics
To be notified when this class is being offered by Brett Palmer & Associates, please fill out this form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why take your Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) training from Brett Palmer & Associates?
- World-Class Training with Experienced Instructors — Our instructors are passionate educators; we don’t focus just on classroom theory, but on real world application of concepts.
- Ongoing Support with Experienced & Certified Instructors — We will continue to support you in your Agile journey by providing free community & online events only available to our students.
- Class Guaranteed to Run — We guarantee our public classes will run. We will never schedule fake classes with the intent to cancel on our students and bump them into bigger classes later on.
- Comfortable Learning Environment — We pick venues suitable for deep interactive learning. We don’t skimp on cost to save a buck.
- Engaging & Fun — Our courses are high energy and engineered based on adult learning styles and brain science. We configure our courses to keep PowerPoint slides to a minimum. Our courses feature interactive role playing scenarios and simulations to reinforce learning concepts.
- Socially Responsible / Giving Back — We donate 5% of the profits from each public course to charity. Our favorites include Charity:Water, Water.org, and Kiva, all highly ranked by Charity Navigator. At Brett Palmer & Associates, we believe the secret to living is giving.
Can I get a discount? Is there a group rate?
We discount our courses many months in advance so we can guarantee the course to run. Discounts are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do not see an early bird ticket price available for the course you wish to take, it’s because all the discounted tickets are already taken for that course.
Groups of 3 or more may also receive a discount. Please email email@example.com for more information.
This CSD course is also available as a private, on-site workshop for groups of 10 or more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do I need to bring anything with me to class?
Please bring a sweater or jacket as room temperature is set on the cooler side. You will be provided with all materials for the two day course. You will not need a computer during the course.
Is there pre-class homework prior to the start of the class?
Yes. Upon course registration, we will send you the details.
Can I claim PDU’s/SEU’s/CEU’s for this Course?
Yes. Please email email@example.com if you have additional questions.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you cancel 14 or more days prior to the start of the event, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 7 to 14 days, you will receive a full refund minus a $150 admin fee. If you cancel within 7 days, you will receive a 50% refund. You may transfer your registration once for a $150 charge to another class offered by Brett Palmer & Associates within 12 months, however we are unable to honor transfer requests within 72 hours of the start time of the course. Your registration is nonrefundable if you do not attend or do not complete the course. Please make arrangements to be fully present for the full duration of the course. The presenter is not responsible for prepaid, nonrefundable travel arrangements. If the presenter cancels the workshop, a full refund will be made.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel, reschedule or substitute someone else in your place.