Frequently Asked Questions
The following pertains to all the training courses we offer.
Who should attend?
Our courses are for anyone looking to gain an in-depth understanding of Agile & Scrum, from the various perspectives within the Scrum and Agile frameworks. All audiences are welcome, including executives, architects, business analysts, project managers, and program/portfolio managers.
Are your classes offered in-person or online/virtual?
Right now, all our classes are only offered online/virtually. We do not expect to return to in-person instruction anytime soon.
Where can I see a list of all the upcoming course dates?
You can go to http://brettpalmer.corsizio.com to see our public course calendar. We schedule both weekday and weekend courses.
What if I am just starting out, or don’t have IT experience?
Our courses are designed for both beginner and advanced audiences. The beginners tend to want to know the basics and those who are more experienced tend to be interested in addressing managerial and work-flow failings within their current organization. So, we will cover it all.
What software is required?
All our courses are delivered via the free Zoom videoconferencing software, which can be downloaded here: https://zoom.us/signup.
What are the technical requirements?
In order to create successful outcomes, please read the following:
1. Participants should be comfortable using a computer. During the course, students will be asked to switch between viewing the Zoom application and navigating various webpages. Google Chrome is our recommended browser. You can download it here: https://www.google.com/chrome/.
2. Use a personal desktop computer or laptop. The use of tablets and mobile phones is not recommended. Company-issued work computers tend to be restricted and locked down in numerous ways and may create technical problems during your course. Instead, use your personal computer or borrow someone’s personal laptop if at all possible. Disable all VPN’s to allow for a stronger, more stable internet connection. Don’t skip over any of this. If you want to accept the risk and try it anyway, please appreciate that we are unable to provide technical support during the course.
3. Please install the Zoom software and prepare your computer a few days in advance so you have time to correct any issues prior to the start of your course. Download the latest version of the Zoom software on a personal desktop or laptop computer before joining this course. You do not need to sign up for a Zoom account or give them a credit card number to download and install the free software. This step is often overlooked and missed.
Please test your Zoom configuration by going to http://zoom.us/test to ensure your computer is set up properly, and to watch this video to get a brief overview on Zoom – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-.
We do not recommend using the web browser version of Zoom. The web browser version of Zoom tends to create technical problems during our courses. Instead, download and install the Zoom desktop client software onto your computer and then join the course through this Zoom desktop client application. If you don’t understand what this means, please call us at least 24 hours before the course and we’ll work it out with you. It’s super simple but we need to handle it in advance. Please appreciate that we are unable to provide technical support during the course.
4. Use a stable high-bandwidth internet connection. Please do not use a cell phone hotspot. (You will have a downgraded experience if you attempt to use a cell phone hotspot.). We recommend that you avoid using Wifi and access our classes via a wired Ethernet connection if at all possible. We also strongly recommend asking other household members not to engage in high-bandwidth internet activities while you are taking your course, including watching Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, online gaming and high bandwidth usage of cell phone WiFi or hotspot connections. To be safe and ensure the best connection for your course, disable WiFi from all other household members cell phones. Don’t skip this step. A minimum recommendation is 800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video (ideally 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down) or higher for HD video). You can test your bandwidth by visiting: https://www.speedtest.net/. For further Zoom technical specifications, please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
Is there a workbook?
The downloadable materials will be provided to all students at the beginning of their course. We do not provide our course materials prior to class.
Are there group activities?
Yes. We use group breakouts and activities to distinguish theory from actual real work, and to reinforce the learning concepts using the latest approaches in adult learning theory and brain science. If you do not like interacting with other people, then our course style will not work for you and we recommend not taking any of our courses. Plan to be busy interacting with your peers the entire time in class. We will give you work assignments to do during class to reinforce the concepts. We do not end class early.
Is there a pre-class assignment?
Yes. Upon registration, you will receive instructions. Please plan on an hour of work prior to the start of your course. If you did not get the assignment after registering or are unsure, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there breaks?
Yes. We will take short breaks throughout each day of your course. We will also have a lunch break each day ranging from 45-60 minutes. Participants should plan their schedules so they can be 100% focused during their training course.
Important note: Although people find our courses engaging and provide us feedback saying the course seemed to fly by quickly, it will require that you set aside your life for two full days and really dig in. We need everyone to come ready to learn — and have fun!
We really do have a lot of fun during our courses. We appreciate that you are reading this FAQ. Please click here and let us know you read the FAQ. We will reply and congratulate you.
Is there an exam? How can I prepare for the exam?
This question only applies to those taking the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course.
Only the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course requires the taking of an exam to receive the certification. All other courses we offer do not have an exam. Those course certifications are awarded immediately upon successful completion of the course (assuming satisfactory attendance and participation, and met any prerequisites).
Pay attention and participate in your course. Ask questions and engage the other students in conversations during class to deepen everyone’s understanding of the material. After your course, read the provided materials and take our proprietary CSM Exam Simulator to make sure you are ready for the exam.
We guarantee you will pass your CSM Scrum exam. If you don’t pass the first time, we will reimburse any Scrum Alliance retake fees as many times as it takes you until you pass and we’ll mentor and coach you until you do.
Our Scrum courses are designed to teach you the theory and philosophy behind Scrum, which will both prepare you for real-world application of Scrum and give you everything you need to pass the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) exam. Your registration cost includes the exam fee with the Scrum Alliance, which is the issuing organization of the CSM certification. Upon successful completion of the 2-day course, you will receive an email from the Scrum Alliance with a link to take the exam.
You can take your exam immediately following the end of the course, or you can choose to study for a few days and then take your exam. We recommend completing your exam as soon as possible after your course. Most people take the exam in the first 48 hours after the course. To avoid a $25 late fee from the Scrum Alliance, you must complete the exam within 90 days of receiving the exam link.
You can take the CSM exam online from any location. You do not need to go to an exam testing center for your exam. The exam has 50 multiple choice questions, of which 37 correct answers are needed to pass. There is a 60-minute time limit for the exam. After the exam, you receive your score immediately.
What about the renewal / continuing education requirements?
Please visit this link for more information: https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/scrum-education-units.
If you have specific questions, email us at email@example.com.
What about PDU’s?
Professional Development Units (PDU’s) are continuing education requirements through the Project Management Institute (pmi.org). If you have your PMP certification, you can earn 16 PDU hours (split as 5 technical, 6 leadership, and 5 strategic.) Please note that PDU’s are for documenting continuing education requirements for the certification renewal process through PMI.org. You cannot earn PDU’s unless you already have an existing certification with PMI.org.
What is your contact information?
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone/text: 949-304-1033
What if I cannot attend my course?
If you are not able to attend your course, please call us at 949-304-1033 as soon as possible so we can work with you on your options. Please note the cancellation policy stated below.
What is the cancellation policy?
There is no charge to transfer or cancel your registration. Simply email us at email@example.com prior to the start of your course and we will provide a full refund within 5 business days. If you are more than 30 minutes late, no-show/do not attend or do not fully complete your course, you will forfeit your registration. Attendees must be fully present for the full duration of the course to be eligible for certification. If the presenter cancels the workshop, a full refund will be made.
Is there a Money Back Guarantee?
Yes. We proudly stand behind the quality of all courses we teach. If you have actively participated for the full two-day duration and yet feel unhappy with the quality of your instruction, simply let us know before the end of the class on the second day of training and you will receive a full refund within 5 business days. Our goal is to deliver such an exceptionally high-quality course that you would then spread the word about us to your colleagues.
Media Release Policy
Please be aware that Brett Palmer & Associates (Brett Palmer, et al) may capture photographs, video and sound footage from your course. By attending a BPA course, you authorize Brett Palmer & Associates to use these artifacts in future educational or promotional materials either in print, video, or online.