Agile Engineering Practices:Mastering Test Driven Development with JUnit
TEST DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT!
This course is designed to teach you how to design and develop applications using Agile Engineering Practices. Students learn JUnit and several associated frameworks, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) as well as techniques for refactoring code. Throughout the course, numerous hands-on exercises and projects reinforce the lecture material, giving students the practical experience necessary for using Agile Engineering Practices on their jobs.
This immersive, 5 day course is a hands on workshop, designed so that participants can use the knowledge, skills and experience they acquire on their jobs. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Develop applications using Test Driven Development principles and practices
- Write and execute tests using JUnit
- Use tests to drive their designs at the unit, component and architectural levels
- Refactor code to remove technical debt
- Create and implement tests for a web application using Selenium
- Write tests using a headless browser, and understand the benefits of this approach
- Write and execute tests for an API
- Use the Mockito framework to create mock objects
- Work with JUnit frameworks such as HttpUnit, HtmlUnit and DbUnit
The course is intended for testers, developers, quality engineers and managers who want a practical course in Test Driven Development using JUnit and associated frameworks. As programming exercises are included throughout the course, a knowledge of Java is necessary.
- JUnit framework
- Mock Objects and Mocking Frameworks
- Measuring Code Coverage
- Testing with Selenium
- SOLID Design Principles
- Untestable Code
- Inspecting elements
- Testing a Web App
- Testing the API
To be notified when this class is being offered by Brett Palmer & Associates, please fill out this form.