Agile Engineering Practices:Mastering Test Driven Development with JUnit
TEST DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT!
This course is designed to teach you how to design and develop applications using Agile Engineering Practices. Students learn JUnit and several associated frameworks, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) as well as techniques for refactoring code. Throughout the course, numerous hands-on exercises and projects reinforce the lecture material, giving students the practical experience necessary for using Agile Engineering Practices on their jobs.
This immersive, 5 day course is a hands on workshop, designed so that participants can use the knowledge, skills and experience they acquire on their jobs. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Develop applications using Test Driven Development principles and practices
- Write and execute tests using JUnit
- Use tests to drive their designs at the unit, component and architectural levels
- Refactor code to remove technical debt
- Create and implement tests for a web application using Selenium
- Write tests using a headless browser, and understand the benefits of this approach
- Write and execute tests for an API
- Use the Mockito framework to create mock objects
- Work with JUnit frameworks such as HttpUnit, HtmlUnit and DbUnit
The course is intended for testers, developers, quality engineers and managers who want a practical course in Test Driven Development using JUnit and associated frameworks. As programming exercises are included throughout the course, a knowledge of Java is necessary.
- JUnit framework
- Mock Objects and Mocking Frameworks
- Measuring Code Coverage
- Testing with Selenium
- SOLID Design Principles
- Untestable Code
- Inspecting elements
- Testing a Web App
- Testing the API
To be notified when this class is being offered by Brett Palmer & Associates, please fill out this form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why take your Mastering Test Driven Development with JUnit training from Brett Palmer & Associates?
- World-Class Training with Experienced Instructors — Our instructors are passionate educators; we don’t focus just on classroom theory, but on real world application of concepts.
- Ongoing Support with Experienced & Certified Instructors — We will continue to support you in your Agile journey by providing free community & online events only available to our students.
- Class Guaranteed to Run — We guarantee our public classes will run. We will never schedule fake classes with the intent to cancel on our students and bump them into bigger classes later on.
- Comfortable Learning Environment — We pick venues suitable for deep interactive learning. We don’t skimp on cost to save a buck.
- Engaging & Fun — Our courses are high energy and engineered based on adult learning styles and brain science. We configure our courses to keep PowerPoint slides to a minimum. Our courses feature interactive role playing scenarios and simulations to reinforce learning concepts.
- Socially Responsible / Giving Back — We donate 5% of the profits from each public course to charity. Our favorites include Charity:Water, Water.org, and Kiva, all highly ranked by Charity Navigator. At Brett Palmer & Associates, we believe the secret to living is giving.
Can I get a discount? Is there a group rate?
We discount our courses many months in advance so we can guarantee the course to run. Discounts are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do not see an early bird ticket price available for the course you wish to take, it’s because all the discounted tickets are already taken for that course.
Groups of 3 or more may also receive a discount. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This CSD course is also available as a private, on-site workshop for groups of 10 or more. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Do I need to bring anything with me to class?
Please bring a sweater or jacket as room temperature is set on the cooler side. You will be provided with all materials for the two day course. You will not need a computer during the course.
Is there pre-class homework prior to the start of the class?
Yes. Upon course registration, we will send you the details.
Can I claim PDU’s/SEU’s/CEU’s for this Course?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you cancel 14 or more days prior to the start of the event, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 7 to 14 days, you will receive a full refund minus a $150 admin fee. If you cancel within 7 days, you will receive a 50% refund. You may transfer your registration once for a $150 charge to another class offered by Brett Palmer & Associates within 12 months, however we are unable to honor transfer requests within 72 hours of the start time of the course. Your registration is nonrefundable if you do not attend or do not complete the course. Please make arrangements to be fully present for the full duration of the course. The presenter is not responsible for prepaid, nonrefundable travel arrangements. If the presenter cancels the workshop, a full refund will be made.
Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel, reschedule or substitute someone else in your place.